Budo Junior School and King’s College Budo started at the same campus where King’s College is today. When the population of the primary section rose, the senior section had no space for expansion.
The extension was made by establishing Budo Junior School on 10 acres of land at Kabinja hill —
Budo as a new site for the School on 30th June 1958 under the Governing Body of
Church Of Uganda (Anglican Church)
with 300 pupils.
The core purpose for the school was to train children of the Nobles and Kings, but later other citizens' children were also provided a chance to be trained as honest, trustworthy, sympathetic, patriotic and respectiful citizens.